Учебник английского языка «Survival English»
Culture File 17:
There are many different ‘unwritten rules’ about eating and drinking. They are different in different countries.
These are some ‘rules’ which are common in the U.S.A.
- Don’t put your elbows on the table.
- Always serve women with food before men.
- Always serve guests first.
- To cut up food, hold your knife in the right hand and your fork in the left.
- When you eat soup, move the spoon away from you.
- Don’t speak with your mouth full.